Unit Tests

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2008 at 7:56 AM
I would prefer to take a TDD approach personally while contributing to TFS Deployer and I cannot see any testing infrastructure in the project so far. Before I go and enforce my preferences upon others, is there a test framework that you are all comfortable using, assuming you are happy to have such tests at all?

I personally tend to use MSTest but I understand that will prevent some people from running the test if they don't have the right VS SKU. Would NUnit be more suitable? Or one of the many others?

- Jason
Coordinator
Jan 25, 2008 at 7:58 AM
Similarly with mocking, I vote for Rhino.Mocks. Objections?
Developer
Jan 30, 2008 at 12:00 PM
Awesome work implementing a TDD approach.

jstangroome wrote:
I would prefer to take a TDD approach personally while contributing to TFS Deployer and I cannot see any testing infrastructure in the project so far. Before I go and enforce my preferences upon others, is there a test framework that you are all comfortable using, assuming you are happy to have such tests at all?

I personally tend to use MSTest but I understand that will prevent some people from running the test if they don't have the right VS SKU. Would NUnit be more suitable? Or one of the many others?

- Jason