SharedResourceServerPath

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Hi all.

The TFSDeployer 1.0 and 1.1 versions have SharedResourceServerPath property in config. Do the TFSDeployer 1.2 have the same property for shared scripts folder?

Coordinator
Jul 30, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Hi,

Due to the fact that TFS Deployer now locates the Deployment folder relative to the Build Process Template *.xaml files and TFS 2010 allows multiple Build Process Templates to exist in the same folder, they can effectively share the same Deployment folder and the scripts within. For this reason the ShareResourceServerPath property has not (yet) been ported to the new TFS Deployer.

If this old feature would still be useful to you in 2010 (eg because your *.xaml files are in different folders) then please add a Feature work item via the Issue Tracker tab.

Regards,

Jason

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Hmm.. you know.. I can see your point *somewhat* here.. 

I'm curious as to how you handle multiple projects with unique notifications addresses in this way. As far as I know, you can only do this by having individual deploymentmappings for each project. And in that case.. the ShareResourceServerPath is very handy.

Just a thought, before deprecating existing features maybe you should reach out to the community. *shrug*