Mapping Queue Attribute

Jul 27, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Hi,

I can't find any information on what the Queue attribute is for in the Mapping tag and how to use it.

In my DeploymentMappings.xml, I have six Mapping nodes: two per environment (qa, staging, prod) with one for Web Apps and another for Windows Services. What is the best way to use this attribute with such a mapping configuration?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2011 at 11:40 PM

If TFS Deployer receives multiple build quality change notifications in quick succession it will attempt to run the associated deployments in parallel. Sometimes this is not desired so the Queue attribute exists so you can label one or more mappings with the same Queue name and if multiple notifications occur that would normally result in these deployments running in parallel, TFS Deployer will instead put them in a Queue to run sequentially.

For example, if two deployments both attempt to delete and then copy files to the same destination folder, running in parallel would likely end up with the folder containing a mismatch of files. Putting these two deployment mappings in the same Queue will mitigate this problem.

Regards,

Jason