TFS 2012 Build Change Trigger

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Having trouble getting my agents to trigger and not seeing any logging. Using TFS 2012 and the 2012 TFS Deployer build. TFS Deployer -d starts and subscribes but when I change a build quality nothing happens on the agent. I ran through the Test script and didn't get any errors. Not sure whats going on. I don't have a copy of the repository on my deployment machine I didn't see anything that says I need it. Not sure if that's the issue. But here are my configs:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration> 

<configSections>   

<sectionGroup name="applicationSettings" type="System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsGroup, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">   

<section name="TfsDeployer.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false"/>   

</sectionGroup> 

</configSections> 

<applicationSettings>   

<TfsDeployer.Properties.Settings>   

<setting name="KeyFile" serializeAs="String">        <value />   

</setting>   

<setting name="SignDeploymentMappingFile" serializeAs="String">        <value>True</value>     

</setting>   

<setting name="TfsUserName" serializeAs="String">        <value />   

</setting>     

<setting name="TfsDomain" serializeAs="String">        <value />     

</setting>     

<setting name="TfsPassword" serializeAs="String">        <value />     

</setting>     

<setting name="TeamProjectCollectionUri" serializeAs="String">        <value>http://testbox:8080/tfs/testcoll</value>     

</setting>     

<setting name="BaseAddress" serializeAs="String">        <value>http://myip:8899/Temporary_Listen_Addresses/TfsDeployer/</value>     

</setting>    </TfsDeployer.Properties.Settings> 

</applicationSettings> 

<system.net>   

<mailSettings>     

<!-- TODO update mail settings for each environment -->     

<smtp deliveryMethod="Network" from="TFSDeployer@me.com" >       

<network host="relay.mail.com" defaultCredentials="true" />   

</smtp>   

</mailSettings>  </system.net>
  <system.diagnostics>   

<!-- Uncomment the switches section to increase trace verbosity -->        <switches>      <add name="Readify.Useful.TeamFoundation.Common" value="Verbose" />     

<add name="TfsDeployer" value="Verbose" />     

<add name="TfsDeployer.DeployAgent.DeploymentHostUI" value="Verbose" />    </switches>      

<trace autoflush="true" /> 

</system.diagnostics>
</configuration>

And the mapping:

<DeploymentMappings xmlns="http://www.readify.net/TFSDeployer/DeploymentMappings20061026"><Mapping BuildDefinitionPattern="Dev Build" NotificationAdress="t@t.com"Computer="testbox" OriginalQuality="Unexamined" NewQuality="Build Succeded"Script="psDevWeb.ps1" />

</DeploymentMappings>

Any thoughts?

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Fixed - The issue was that in TFS 2012 when subscribing for soap alerts through Tfs Deployer no values are being assigned to alert to dictate when to fire. (example: Quality Change)