TFS Deployer is not working or not reacting after build change, cant see entries in event Viewer

Dec 24, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Hi all,

i am trying to use TFS Deployer ,So that i have follow all the steps to install TFS Deployer.

then i have put BuildProcessTemplates\Deployment\DeploymentMappings.xml it 

<DeploymentMappings xmlns="http://www.readify.net/TfsDeployer/DeploymentMappings20100214">

<Mapping BuildDefinitionPattern="Build Defination name"
           Computer="TFS server name"
           OriginalQuality="*"
           NewQuality="Ready for Deployment"
           Script="Publish.ps1"
           NotificationAddress="test@test.com"
           RunnerType="PowerShell"
            />

i have run Test-TfsDeployerInstall.ps1 file it is working fine,my service is running file but When i build the solution that is working fine after that, when build succeeded i change the build quality to "initial Test passed" then i change that to "Ready for deployment" from VS2012 it will not reacting and i cant see any error in event viewer ,

i am using TFS2010,please help me if i am missing something?

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Hi Jay, 

Try the following and let me know if this helps.

1. Verify that you downloaded the correct version of the Deployer for TFS2012 which I believe is v1.5.2. 
  2. Verify that the Deployer Service is working, by checking the Application Event Viewer.

•  Remove the DeploymentMappings.xml file from SourceControl - (BuildProcessTemplates\Deployment\DeploymentMappings.xml) 
  •  Check-in the Removal Change in TFS. 
  • Update the Quality of the build to "Ready for Deployment" 
  • Check your Target Server where you have the deployer service installed, event viewer for the TFSDeployer Error containing information in regards to the DeploymentMappings.xml. 
  • If you receive an error we know that the deployer service is working and we will need to see the PowerShell script "Publish.ps1".

or

Setup the Web site that was included in the TFS Deployer Download in IIS on the server that TFS Deployer is running on, and access the TFS Deployer Web Management Page to identify Quality changes.