TFS 2012 Deployment Mappings Location

Jan 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Does anyone know the class that defines the DeploymentMappings.xml file location?  I would like to update it to recognize sub folders with names matching the build definition. 

ex. The DeploymentMappings.xml file will be located within "MVCApplication1" folder which will also have a corresponding build definition named "MVCApplication1". 

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Hi,

The path to the DeploymentMappings.xml file is determined by the VersionControlDeploymentFileSource class:
http://tfsdeployer.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/55e1482af37a#Branches/Tfs11/TfsDeployer/TfsDeployer/VersionControlDeploymentFileSource.cs

Personally I prefer to copy the Build Process Template "xaml" file to a location under each application's solution folder and then the Deployment folder exists there too. In addition to keeping each application's deployment separated, this allows both the build process and the deployment steps to be branched with the application and change independently between branches.

Regards,

Jason

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Edited Jan 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Actually Jason you make a really good point. That will allow a lot more flexibility between app deployments and make upgrading to later versions of TFS Deployer less painful. Thanks for the information I really appreciate  the help.