How can I run TFSDeployer on x64/TFS2008?

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:19 PM
I am running TFSDeployer 1.1 beta 3 (the latest release as of today).  It has run successfully on a 32-bit server running Windows2008 and TFS Explorer 2008.  However, when I try to run on a new x64 server that's otherwise configured the same, the service stops right after starting.  Running in debug mode (tfsdeployer -d) I get the error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Team
Foundation.VersionControl.Common.Integration, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot f
ind the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Common.Integration, Version=
9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

Is there anything I can do to resolve this problem?
Developer
Apr 3, 2009 at 12:22 AM
It's looks like beta3 is an AnyCPU compile instead of an x86 one.  As a result the assembly binding fails.

For now the best option is to either grab the code yourself and compile it specifically for x86, or grab the Beta2 code and run that instead.
Jan 18, 2010 at 9:25 PM

I'm having the same problem as gweaver. I just downloaded the Beta3 trunk and it looks like it's set to the x86 compile to me. I tried making a fresh build anyway and it doesn't seem to resolve the problem. I'll give the Beta2 a whirl.

Jan 18, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Nope, beta two has the same issue for me.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Common.Integration, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file sp
ecified.
File name: 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Common.Integration, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
   at Readify.Useful.TeamFoundation.Common.Listener.TfsListener.RegisterEventListeners()
   at Readify.Useful.TeamFoundation.Common.Listener.TfsListener.Start()
   at TfsDeployer.Program.OnStart(String[] args)
   at TfsDeployer.Program.Main(String[] args)

Has anyone been able to get this to work on x64 architecture?

Jan 18, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Ah, my mistake, this system doesn't have Team Explorer installed. That should fix it.

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I have the same problem with BETA3 on my Windows 2008 server.

Installation of Team Explorer or copying this file in TFSDeployer folder didn't work.

P.S. Which version of TFS Deployer I can install if we still use TFS Server 2008?