TFS Deployer doesn't cleanup?

Jul 21, 2009 at 7:17 PM

I ran into a problem that I'm hoping is as simple as a configuration setting.  We do not have deployment folders to define build quility transitions for every one of our projects.  We have noticed that if a project has its' build quality changed and it does not have a mapping, it just uses the mapping from the last project that was transitioned that did have one.  It appears that upon transition, the service gets the deployment files and places them into C:\Documents and Settings\<service_account>\Local Settings\Temp\TFSDeployerConfiguration2 - but if there are no deployment files, it does not clear them out of this folder.

Is this a known issue and does anyone know of a way to work around this?

Thanks!!!

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:08 AM

I'm very interested in this as well. 

I don't know if cleaning the folder would work, what would happen if 2 build qualities are changed in a very short interval?
It would be interesting to know how TFSDeployer handles deployments from different projects in parallel.

When using TFSDeployer for several projects, we realized that we could avoid clashes between Powershell files by placing them into subfolders in TFS, so they get pulled down into different subfolders of TFSDeployerConfiguration2:

ProjectA\TeamBuildTypes\Continuous\Deployment\ProjectA.Continuous\  [deployment files]
ProjectB\TeamBuildTypes\FullBuild\Deployment\ProjectB.FullBuild\    [deployment files]

However I don't know how to avoid clashes between the mappings files, or handle projects that don't have mapping files.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I actually ended up doing a lot of customization from a branch of the original source and learned a lot in the process.  The Events are actually queued.  Also you have TFS Deployer create a unique directory between calls thus creating complete isolation.   It is easy to trace through this by running TFSDeployer with the "-d" option in Visual Studion in Debug mode.

Dec 15, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Thanks for the tips, I will have a look!